- Review the job description.
- Interview hiring manager for
clarification of technical priorities.
- Research industry to locate logical talent pool.
- Check existing database for leads.
- Source to narrow research results.
- Qualify candidates by initial telephone interviews
against the necessary job essentials.
- Separate the potential finalists from the window
shoppers, and under-qualified.
- Perform in-depth interviews with potential
- ** Reference check performance with former
supervisors and colleagues.
- Check and verify candidates' credentials.
- Test, rank, and evaluate chosen nominees.
- Arrange and coordinate interviewing schedules.
- Prepare and counsel nominees to allow you to
present your company in the best way possible.
- ** Prepare client for interviews by providing full
pre-interview information as well as results of references and credential checks.
- Debrief candidates after each interview, answering
unanswered questions, etc.
- Debrief client hiring authority after each
interview, assessing strengths, weaknesses, incompatibilities, etc.
- ** Coordinate next step with Hiring Manager on
possible offers to be made and set the stage for acceptance.
- ** Strategize with company in providing necessary
information required for negotiating an acceptable offer.
- ** Reconcile any differences with successful
candidate to smooth the way for offer acceptance.
- ** Arrange with Realtors, Chambers of Commerce,
relocation consultants, moving companies, etc. to assure that candidate (and spouse) is
aware of details in new location.
- ** Assist successful candidate in cleanly
terminating current position.
- ** Work with spouse placement if necessary.
- ** Follow up after placement to assure new employee
** Most search firms do not provide these services.